Plymouth Corinthian CC is a friendly club. It’s tradition is in competitive racing but that doesn’t mean that everyone in the club races, far from it. We are a multi-discipline inclusive club. Some riders just like being part of a club to meet like minded people and enjoy a social ride or sportive together often including a nice cafe stop too!
It’s also encouraged for members to help out with some of the club competitive events that it holds (e.g. Time Trials, Road Races club Hill Climb). Assistance could range from wearing a fluo jacket and holding a flag as a marshal to driving a car in a race convoy for a road race, or of course organising an event itself. In recent years new members have volunteered for these roles and found them very enjoyable and rewarding.
On the social side of things, we hold monthly club meetings at the Rockets and Rascals bike shop on the Barbican in Plymouth. These are held on the second Monday of each month at 7:30pm. We also organise other social events to try and build friendships and camaraderie and also to welcome new members.
What do you get from membership?
- Membership of a cycling club gives you a sense of belonging, cycling is all about being part of a team, with a common goal, to proudly represent your club and encourage others to take up cycling in your local area. It also has some other benefits;
- Join us on every club run and other rides throughout the year
- A decent club cycling kit at reasonable prices
- Cycling weekends away in the UK
- Access to qualified coaching and training with experienced cyclists
- The chance to race competitively as part of a team/club
- The opportunity of lift sharing to races and other events
- 10% discount in most local bike shops
Am I good enough to join? Joining a cycling club isn’t a competition. If you want to test yourself, join us and start with a few social rides. Don’t worry about what level you are at, enthusiasm is the most important thing. The majority of our members don’t race, they want to do the Sunday club runs, meet other like-minded people and just talk cycling and ride their bikes.
What’s the age range of members? We have members from 18 to over 70.
Where do you meet? If you want to dip your toe with a club ride then we ride every Sunday at 8:30am from the old Novotel hotel, Marsh Mills, Plymouth click here for more details.
If you’d prefer to come to a club meeting first then we meet monthly on the second Monday of each month at 7:30pm at Rockets and Rascals shop on Plymouth Barbican (please check out our Facebook group for dates or see updated on this website).
Senior Membership (18+) – £16
Junior Membership (Under 18) – £8
You can now join online via PayPal on our online store: click here or if you prefer you can still pay in person via cash, cheque or e-bank transfer at a club meeting (please make cheques payable to the Plymouth Corinthian Cycling Club). Please contact Lynn Marris – club secretary, to let him know you have paid (you may contact him through our Facebook group).