At Plymouth Corinthian Cycling Club we are passionate about getting more women into cycling and want to share our passion with YOU!
We support British Cycling’s seven year plan to inspire 1 million more women to ride, race and be a part of the British cycling community by 2020 and are working with them to provide more opportunities at all levels for women and girls whilst addressing the common myths and misconceptions which prevent women from reaching their cycling potential.
We are proud of our growing female membership and encourage and welcome ladies of a range of abilities to join us to achieve their goals, whatever they may be! We are a friendly and supportive club with a separate ladies Facebook group where we share tips, skills, concerns, events and generally anything vaguely linked to bikes and cycling to keep us all connected and inspired!
Our female Corrie’s enjoy a host of various cycling activities held by the club including cycling holidays in Mallorca, the monthly ‘ladies only’ social ride and the weekly mixed club rides on a Sunday. We also often meet for a catch up over food and even a glass or two of wine around our monthly social club meetings. This year, it has also been fantastic to see a number of members progress into racing with podium results across all disciplines including Time Trialling (25, 50, 100 miles), Crit, Road, Hill Climb, MTB and Cyclocross.
As a female Corrie member you will benefit from the following:-
• Friendly and supportive club that encourages rider confidence and development
• Ladies specific Facebook group offering support and advice and opportunities to meet for social events and rides
• Informal coaching and support from existing members with the opportunity to be part of our regular club rides.
• Opportunity to purchase and model our amazing club kit •
If you are new to the club we would suggest attending our ladies only ride on the first Saturday of every month. Usually around 40 miles, social pace of 13-14mph with a coffee stop a must this is a great way to meet you and tell you more about what we offer.
• Our base ride is then a natural next step on your cycling journey and allows progression through to faster club rides or even racing, if desired, as confidence and skills improve.
For more information or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Ladies Ambassador Tracey Corcoran